Finer Control of Buzzer

It would be great if much like the LEDs the buzzer could buzz for a certain amount of milliseconds. This would be good because if I wanted to create a song that has complex rhythms, then I could hear it and feel it with the buzzer. Is this possible? I love my JewelBot and I can not wait to find out more things that I can do with it.

Oohhh, I like this idea. We will look into the complexity of it. Thanks!

aaaaand it’s been added to our github!

Ooooooh, yes! I love this idea!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Right now the code to support that feature isn’t implemented. The driver chip we are using does have this capability, but it will take a bit of time to implement and verify everything.

As a temporary measure, I just added additional buzz functions to give everyone 6 different lengths of buzzes (125 ms to 1.5 s). And will be looking into adding an additional function with variable duration in the near future. As noted, there will be some limits to protect the hardware, but need to double check on those before I say anything specific.

Thanks again for the suggestion, am excited to roll out that feature in the near future.

If you want the new 6 buzzer types, make sure to update your Jewelbot Arduino Library !

To do this follow the isntructions below:

1. From the Tools menu, scroll over “Board:” and then select “Boards Manager”.
  2. Type in “j” in the “Filter your search” box to quickly find the Jewelbots Boards.
  3. Click anywhere in the box for “Jewelbots Arduino Library” to display the “Remove” button.
  4. Click “yes” to remove the board.
  5. Click anywhere in the box "Jewelbots Arduino Library"to display the “Install” button again.
  6. Click “yes” to install the board.
  7. Continue to “step 2 part f” of the “How to code your Jewelbot?”.
  8. You will have to do this every time you want to update your Arduino Library again. It is super important to update your Arduino Library! It makes sure you have the most recent features available!

Now available custom buzzer control!

The newest version of the Jewelbot Arduino Library (v1.0.2) how has a custom buzzer function.

In addition to customizing the length of time of the buzz, you can also specify the amplitude (or strength) of the vibration. Check out the API page here ( http://community.jewelbots.com/t/working-with-the-jewelbot-buzzer/156 ) or our Github Wiki ( https://github.com/Jewelbots/arduino-library/wiki/Buzzer ) for details.

We also added versioning to the Arduino Library in this release. Your Arduino IDE should offer the option to update when you go into “Boards Manager.”

Happy Buzzing!

Thank you so much! Not only can I customize the time, but now I can also put the articulation of the buzz! Thank you so much!