Go update your firmware now!
NEW feature available!
For those of you with only a single Jewelbot, there has been complaints that you are unable to tell whether the Jewelbot is alive or not! (because you don’t have a paired Jewelbot to flash Friendship Colors with)
The solution we’ve come up with for this problem is to make your Jewelbot flash a red light every time you press the Magic Button for a second! This helps you to notify when your Jewelbot is on and gives you a response feature without having to rely on being nearby another Jewelbot.
Basically - The Jewelbot flashes red once when you push the Magic Button.
HOW TO UPDATE?
Updating your firmware again after the first time is slightly different from the original steps you followed from the first time. Look how to do it here.
- From the Tools menu, scroll over “Board:” and then select “Boards Manager”.
- Type in “j” in the “Filter your search” box to quickly find the Jewelbots Boards.
- Click anywhere in the box for “Jewelbots Firmware Update” to display the “Remove” button.
- Click “yes” to remove the board.
- Click anywhere in the box "Jewelbots Firmware Update"to display the “Install” button again.
- Click “yes” to install the board.
- Continue to “step 11” of the “How do I update my Jewelbots’ Firmware?”.
You will have to do this every time you want to update your firmware again. It is super important to update your firmware! It makes sure you have the least amount of bugs to encounter and the most recent features available!