I put my Jewelbot in coding mode, but it refuses to take any code!

When I plug in my Jewelbot, it takes a second for the charging light to come on, then I put it in coding mode and upload. When I unplug it though, my Jewelbot is still in friendship mode.

Crazy! Let’s figure out what’s going on. When you upload the code, what does it say in the black window on the bottom of the Arduino IDE. You can copy -> paste here.

Sorry about how long it took to reply. Here’s what comes up:

Build options changed, rebuilding all
Upgrading target on COM3 with DFU package C:\Users\meow\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_810670\sketch_dec05a.ino.zip. Flow control is disabled.

Failed to upgrade target. Error is: Serial port could not be opened on COM3. Reason: could not open port ‘COM3’: WindowsError(2, ‘The system cannot find the file specified.’)

Possible causes:

• bootloader, SoftDevice or application on target does not match the requirements in the DFU package.
  • baud rate or flow control is not the same as in the target bootloader.
  • target is not in DFU mode. If using the SDK examples, press Button 4 and RESET and release both to enter DFU mode.

Got it, what version of Windows are you running? You may need to install a driver. We’ll get you through this!

I think I am using Windows 10.

Sounds like you need to install some drivers. Instructions here:

There is an updated port which is COM3 that is the one I used to to code my jewelbot. There are multiple of them .

How do I start coding my Jewelbot?

Hi Jade, this video is a good place to start:

I loaded the arduino app on my computer and had my dad help me code a little on my jewelbot and it was great. I have told all of my friends about this and I love this. :smiley::grinning:

YESSSSSS. CONGRATS, you’re a coder!! :tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::gem::gem::gem::princess::princess::princess:

Thank you. :smile::gem::dark_sunglasses: