Jewelbot turnoff and on

Hi,

I just charged my jewelbot. When I press the magic button a red light appears and then goes away. If I hold down the button for 5 seconds all four lights flash blue and does not stop. If I hold the button down for 5 more seconds, the lights stop. I am really confused because according to the instructions I should see a rainbow when I press once to tuun it on and see the same when press it for 5 seconds to turn it off.

I just tried downloading code and got this message.
Failed to upgrade target. Error is: No data received on serial port. Not able to proceed.

Possible causes:

• bootloader, SoftDevice or application on target does not match the requirements in the DFU package.
  • baud rate or flow control is not the same as in the target bootloader.
  • target is not in DFU mode. If using the SDK examples, press Button 4 and RESET and release both to enter DFU mode.

It’s on friendship coding mode. The red light that flashes on means no friends are in range. The blue flashing lights means it’s in pairing mode. Make sure to plug it in, hold down the button for 5 seconds, and wait for it to fade magenta. Then upload. It might take a few tries.

I reset the jewelbots to the factory settings. Turns out, each time you try to upload code you need to reselect the port because arduino lists it as a different port. For example when I charged the first one, it thought is was COM1 and for the second one it was COM2.

that’s true! annoying, right? Sorry, that’s the Arduino IDE and the way they built it. :frowning: hope you’re still having fun!