Here are some ideas for projects you can assign to students!
They all range in difficulty level depending on what you can think of for requirements.
- Create a Jewelbots Musica.ly !
- This one could be fun for music loving, social media savy students!
- Ex. http://alpha.jewelbots.com/t/musical-ly-experiment/499
- Ex. http://alpha.jewelbots.com/t/i-made-a-muscial-ly-with-my-jewelbot/384
- Counting in Binary
- After teaching binary, you can ask them to count with the Jewelbot
- It can be “count to ten” or more complicated with “make the Jewelbot buzz in binary however many times the button is pressed”
- Ex. http://alpha.jewelbots.com/t/counting-in-binary/244
- Programming in Morse Code
- You can have them code their name in Morse Code or create the library from scratch!
- Ex. http://alpha.jewelbots.com/t/morse-code-library/268
- Create a Coding Video!
- Make a tuorial video on their favorite coding concept. Having to explain something helps solidify their knowledge!
- Ex. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RbZBdM516Y
- Create a Coding Journey Blog!
- Let them document their projects and get creative on expressing their code!
- Ex. https://tacochada.wixsite.com/bocai
If you come up with any cool coding assignments, share them below!