New colors released!

Now you have access all new colors!!! ORANGE, GOLD, PURPLE, PERIWINKLE, ROSE, OCEAN and SKY (all the names picked by you, the community!)

In order to update your boards, open the Arduino IDE and go to Tools -> Boards -> Boards Manager.

Scroll down to your Jewelbots boards. For the friendship board you want to install version 1.1.9. For the solo board you want to install version 1.1.4.

This hasn’t been updated in the official Jewelbots documentation yet, that will be completed shortly.

Let us know what you think! To test the new colors and see them in action, you can test them with this sketch here:

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:
}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:
  LED led; 
  Timer timer;
  led.turn_on_all(ORANGE);
  timer.pause(700);
  led.turn_on_all(GOLD);
  timer.pause(700);
  led.turn_on_all(PURPLE);
  timer.pause(700);
  led.turn_on_all(PERIWINKLE);
  timer.pause(700);
  led.turn_on_all(ROSE);
  timer.pause(700);
  led.turn_on_all(OCEAN);
  timer.pause(700);
  led.turn_on_all(SKY);
  timer.pause(700);
}

Woo hoo!!! This is so cool! I’ll have to get my Jewelbot and mess around with the new colors when I have more time!

YAY!!! So cool!!!

AWESOME!!! :smiley::smiley::smiley: So cool! :sunglasses: I can’t wait to try them!!! :smiley_cat::smile_cat:

Amazing! So excited!

Yasss this is great.

Awesome!!! I tried them! So cool!

Yay! So cool!

I noticed the new colors don’t work with the .breathe_single_color animation. Any chance for an update?

This is super helpful!!! I will take a look and let you know what I find out.

Great catch!

Are these jewelbot colours or led ones? If LED, Can I do a software update or do I need to get a new one to have access for these colours.

You don’t need to get a new jewelbot, you just need to[quote=“sara, post:1, topic:846”]
update your boards, open the Arduino IDE and go to Tools -> Boards -> Boards Manager.

Scroll down to your Jewelbots boards. For the friendship board you want to install version 1.1.9. For the solo board you want to install version 1.1.4.
[/quote]